Sunday 13 November 2016

Flickr and Imagery in the Industry

Since looking into different Web 2.0's I decided to start a Flickr account. We use this at work to for our website so I am familiar with how it works, so though it was a perfect opportunity to set an account up.

Here is the link to my account-

https://www.flickr.com/photos/146453724@N06/

There is not much on there at the moment but hopefully it will build with my journey through this course and my teaching life.


Web 2.0 can be a positive way of looking at the creativity in the industry. I personally love looking at other teachers and dancers in this community. I find so much inspiration from watching others and it gets my creativity juices flowing. If you want to be a professional in this industry it is important to have a good showreel. You can see so much from watching 2 minutes of someone's dancing. I love it.

Instagram as well is great for this kind of stuff and this students love it too. I love seeing pictures of them when they have perfected a skill and they put a happy photo or video on there. You get the proud teacher feeling inside.

Dancers are such different people in ways of expression. You may talk to a dancer and no get much out of them but they choreograph themselves a dance and wow thats when you see the real them.

I recently had a student come up to me and say can I show you my dance and obviously I said of course. Wow. I was amazed. I have never seen her dance like that before, as she is one of the quite ones in the class. Then said she had posted a short clip online and got lots of compliments on it.

Photos are great when someone captures those special moments and you look into a dancers eyes and you just know how much meaning they are putting into it. I love it. Hopefully that will be one of my students in the future.

Please take a look at my Flickr and I will follow back. Thank you.


No comments:

Post a Comment